Monday, February 11, 2013

HBD from Bea, she doesn't even know about it XD



Hello, my name is BBarbi, it’s my BBirthday, one of my BBest BBirthday BBresents is BBea, the newBBorn BBlogger :)

 Do you know this classroom activity? I read it here, right away I tried a version of it with one of my teenage groups and it kind of worked. The guys in the class came up with funny sentences, I imagined pictures of them: Nándi having a NNap, Bianka riding a BBike, all the Peters of the group: Ákos (who is also Peter o.O) gobbling up a huge PPizza, another Peter with a PPlastic landphone, Peter in the case of whom I won’t be able to PPredict what he’d say, Enikő and tha EElephants ...and blah blah blah... It’s only fun for me, eh?
Who is Bea? Beatrix Price, she wrote about that activity after joining the British Council Blogathlon, also recalled  her feelings during the lesson when she herself used this game. Which made me feel good and gave me confidence in what I do.

First I spotted Bea in 2010 in Zánka, it was a conference, there was this radiant lady, significantly more upbeat than any of us, even her hair colour and her clothes said “frieeeennnd” :)

She’s someone who is very easy to make friends with, great fun and very entertaining.

We’ve met many many times since then of course around IATEFL Hungary, but one thing I didn’t know about: what kind of a teacher she was. Miraculously, I had never attended any of her conference sessions either. I’ve always been convinced she must be great though.

Then some real surpr@ise arrived: this
blogathlon thing. She joined the competition and ... turned out to be just the right blogger for me! I enjoy every word of hers! She gives me a lot of ideas and  eases my uneasiness around teaching. And helps me think deeper and laugh at myself.

Hey what’s the odds of this? I mean, may say I have quite a large PLN, wonderful people from all over the globe, and one of the best suited reading for me comes from someone just a couple of (ok, 150) km away???


Yihhiiieee! Thank you for the birthday present Bea! Don’t worry, you don’t have to write every day after you have won the trip to Liverpool, and I do hope you will go on blogging!


And now I feel I’m older as I keep saying “I knew. I told you. I felt it in my bones.” (Old lady fashion.)

Maybe this is one good thing about getting older. You just ... know things.

No comments: