Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Early March Love Story

It all started with these two pre-schoolers, who left their Miss and Mr Potato here in the armchair. 






Two lessons later L arrived (a nine-year-old girl) with a booklet. It had girls and stickers of clothes in it. Obvious, let’s do something about clothes.
Then she spotted the two potatoes....


I took a picture of them and got the ShowMe app and asked her to draw clothes on the potatoes and I recorded a description of their outfits. She also drew a speech bubble in which Mr Potato showed his affection towards Miss P.



-


Then we somehow started to play with Miss and Mr Potato, she was the girl, me the boy.
This was the moment it turned out that Miss P didn’t reciprocate Mr P’s feelings, because she found him too fat.
I thought he could do something about it and suggested the diet and some exercise.

Unfortunately a potato won’t get any slimmer. Then L said this knife thing... And it was inevitable: Mr P had a plastic surgery!
So we recorded this video. L carved the he-potato :)








Then I thought it was time for a bit of reading: while L was doing the first and the third tabs of this and this I wrote the story on sticky notes. 




Then she ordered them to put the story together again. Then we recorded this video and drilled the text a bit. 






Now all the stuff is on her blog and hope she’ll have a look at that.


How will I test her on it? That’s the part that is not exciting at all for me... hmm... suggestions?

No comments: